Thursday, October 1, 2015

Youth Group Challenge: "Living Off Of Food Stamps for a Week"

"... a few weeks ago I got an email from the food bank announcing their 2015 Hunger Challenge. The premise seemed simple: For five days live off of what the average food stamps recipient would have available to them. That is, the equivalent of $4.50/day plus a bag of supplies typical of what would be given out by a local food bank.

I immediately wanted to participate in the Hunger Challenge for a couple of reasons.

First, although I don’t have any children, I was hoping to gain a better understanding of the struggle my parents (and so many others) go through having to cook and eat on an insanely low budget. Second, and more importantly, if my participation could help bring awareness to worldwide hunger, even just a little, then it would definitely be worth attempting....
READ MORE AT "BUZZFEED"