Monday, August 31, 2015

Top 10: REAL Reasons For Being Late for Pick Up?

There Has Always Been That One Standing Joke and Similarity At Every Youth Ministry No Matter Where I Have Served....  

There is Always One Student That is Waiting at the End of the Night, Event, Activity, Trip, or Lock In Waiting For Their Parents to Pick Them Up.  Often it is a half hour to an hour or sometimes even more! 

Here are 10 Absolutely REAL Reasons I Have Heard from
Parents for Being Late to Pick Up....

10. "Sorry, I Forgot How Many Children I Had?" 

9.  "I Just Remembered Where I Left Them?"  

8. "I Decided to Take a Nap and Overslept" 

7. "I Forgot That it Was Youth Group Night?" (*but you dropped them off?)

6.  "My Wife and I Were On a Date (cough) And Lost Track of Time" (seriously..look me in the eye and cough?)

5.  "I Was Really Into What I Was Watching On TV"

4. "Just Thought Eventually You Would Get Tired of Waiting and Drive Them Home"

3.  "My Husband and I Play the Kid's Video Games When They Are Not Home and I was Winning!" 

2. "They Needed A Little Extra "God Time" with You Tonight, So I Waited" 

1.  "I Thought I Had Already Picked Them Up?"