It tougher than one more game of chubby bunny...
It is more teachable than playing that Skit Guys chisel video for third time this month...
It is the GAUNTLET!!!
- Projectiles (suggested: marshmallows, dodge balls, nerf guns, finger blasters, and beanie babies)
- Some long church tables
- A large room or a long hallway
Simple explanation: One group of students have to run from point to another, while another group of students tries to hit them with projectiles.
- Using your long tables, turn them on their side, line them up on either side of your space creating a long pathway (gauntlet). Make sure there is enough space behind them that people can stand.
- Collect all of your projectiles, enough for half of your groups to have one.
- Divide your group up into 2 equal teams, assign one team to be the "gauntlet" and the other to be the "runners"
- Give all your gauntlet players a projectile and have them stand on the outside of the gauntlet
- Line up all of your "runners" on one end of the gauntlet
- On "Go!" the "runners" need to run to other end of the gauntlet without getting hit, while the other team tries to hit them
- At the end of each round players that have been hit will join the players on the outside of the gauntlet to join in their group
- Continue to play rounds until there is only one player left. Give that person a prize
- Switch back to beginning teams allow the original runners to now become the gauntlet players of vise versa
- For Easter Time, we used stuffed animal bunnies!
- In starting the game instead of just having a defined start line and end line, consider going door to door or door to wall in your space. Provides a bit more of an element of surprise for the runners to run.
- If you feel it safe enough, you might also consider using a strobe light to add to the craziness and fun
LESSON: "Face the Gauntlet" (of Temptation)
Key Verses: Eph. 6:12
1. The Gauntlet: Pressure + Temptation= Consequences
- Pressure: Conform, Perform, Explore
- Temptation: Physical, Chemical, Emotional
- Consequences: Pain, Problems & Payment
3. Understand the Master & His Way: James 1;2-4
4. Understand Victory is Possible: Gal. 6:8-9
Closing Verse: James 1:2- Receive your reward!