Thursday, March 13, 2014

Review: "Young Women of Faith Bible"


The Young Women of Faith Bible is fresh off the presses this week and now available!

It is Zondervan's excellent new young teen focused NIV Bible, that is filled from cover to cover with faith and life focused content.



Fresh off the presses and just released this Tuesday (Mar. 11th), The Young Women of Faith Bible is more than just another Bible with a cute cover and a few flowers throw in a every couple pages. It is a fully loaded cover-to-cover all-in-one study bible, devotional, journal and concordance written with teen girls in mind. The content of each of the add-on sections spread through out are thoughtful and solid.  This Bible is by far one of the best I have seen in awhile.

All through the entire Bible are helpful side notes, explaining in simple, understandable ways the content of the related passages in that section of scripture. While these selections are short, they are not lack in depth while bring the truth down the a level that the young female reader can understand.   This Bible also contains 52 weekly devotionals staggered through out, once again each of these one page devotionals are easy to read and are extremely well written in a style that makes sense and applies to real life.   Besides these two key content components there are also memory verses and "I Believe..." heading that help the reader connect the scripture to personal belief.   If that wasn't enough, this amazing, fun to read Bible also includes short journal sections for girls to think, respond and even doodle a bit, allowing them to personalize their Bible with their own style and thoughts.   Combined this is a full package of Biblical content hidden between the pages this NIV Bible.

Ironically, my wife and I were both looking within the last couple weeks for something for my wife and young pre-teen daughter to read together as a devotional or as a study for the next year.  When my daughter saw this sitting on my desk to be reviewed, she immediately picked it up started flipping through it.  She spent the next 1/2 hour sitting in my office while I worked.  She absolutely loved it and asked if she could have it as soon as I was done!?   Needless to say, it is not going to be sitting on a shelf in my office, not being used. 

I and my daughter would give it two big thumbs up and would suggest you taking a look at it for the girls in your youth group, around your church or in your own home!!

CLICK HERE (to get it)

CHECK OUT BELOW TO GET A SNEEK PEEK!!