Tuesday, February 18, 2014
"10 Trends in 2014 in 2 Minutes" (& Youth Ministry Thoughts?)
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR US IN YOUTH MINISTRY (AND OUR CHURCH) IN THE NEXT YEAR?
- Immersive Experiences (Does this change our worship and missions experiences?)
- Speaking Visually (How will we teach and announce things differently? )
- Age of Impatience (Communication, follow up, and continued discussion of the lesson?)
- Mobile as a Gateway and Telepathic Technology (Websites, apps, social media uses? )
- End of Anonymity (Do our students want us to know everything? Do we respect that?)
- Remixing Tradition (YIKES! What do we need to consider re-mixing? What "sacred cows" are hanging around that need to be killed?)
- Proudly Imperfect (This might mean we need to admit the church, Christians, even we as leaders are not perfect!!?)
- Mindful Living (Hmm...isn't that the Christian life?)
IT MIGHT JUST BE A GREAT NEW YEAR AFTER ALL!!! What do you think? What are your responses and ideas based on the 10 Trends in 2014??
at 18 February