Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Teaching Video: "I Was Here"- Beyonce (w/discussion & study)

  
LYRICS "I Was Here"

I wanna leave my footprints on the sands of time
Know there was something that, meant something that I left behind
When I leave this world, I'll leave no regrets
Leave something to remember, so they won't forget

I was here

I lived, I loved
I was here
I did, I've done everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here

I want to say I lived each day, until I died

And know that I meant something in, somebody's life
The hearts I have touched, will be the proof that I leave
That I made a difference, and this world will see

I was here

I lived, I loved
I was here
I did, I've done everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know

I was here

I lived, I loved
I was here
I did, I've done everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here

I just want them to know

That I gave my all, did my best
Brought someone some happiness
Left this world a little better just because

I was here


I was here

I lived, I loved
I was here
I did, I've done everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I wanna leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here
I lived (I lived), I loved
I was here
I did (I did), I've done
I was here
I lived (I lived), I loved (I loved)
I was here (oh)
I did, I've done

I was here
**************************************
 Discussion Questions:
-  What do you want to be remembered for when you die?
-  Will your faith and Christ be part of what you are remembered for?
-  Based on how you are living right now, would your faith and your relationship with Christ be what people remember?
-  What is one thing (area, need, issue,...) that you would like to see gone from the planet before you die?
-  What are you willing to do personally to see that it is?
 
Read & Study
Matthew 25:14-30 
- How do these verses fit with what Beyonce is singing? 
- How do these verses not fit with what Beyonce is singing? 
- How do these verses fit your life?  
- Which servant do you feel you are currently?

Read & Study
Matthew 25: 31-46
- How do these verses fit with what Beyonce is singing?
- How do these not fit with what Beyonce is singing?
- What is it that the people are being judge for?
- Do you know what the difference between "Commit" & "Omit"? 
- Are the people in the verses being judge for the sins they Committed or for the things the Omitted? 

Challenge:
- Complete this sentence for yourself: "I was here and I ______________________________".