Monday, June 25, 2012
Top 10: JH/MS Youth Ministry Inventions
I don't know who the inventors and the genius were that came up with each of the innovations, but because of them (and the work of the Holy Spirit, of course) young JH/MS student's lives have been forever changed?
10. SPAM...great for games, object lesson, or family dinner (*all you can afford?)
9. WATER BALLOONS... fill them with anything but water, because these are the Bomb!
8. TOILET PAPER...wrap something, somebody, or someplace?
7. RED BULL... the nectar of God poured out just for you for Lock-ins, Retreats, Committee meetings...
6. T-SHIRTS...how else would anybody know what we have been doing? Hey what is going on the youth ministry? Glad you ask! Please refer to my t-shirt from last weekend's "Boy's Gone Wild Spiritual Retreat"
5. MARSHMALLOWS...come on if you look in the original languages "manna" translated "what is this stuff?" and was described as white stuff falling from heaven...HELLO!! Roast, Fling, Dodge, Shoot, but never say Bunny they are the manna from heaven!?
4. DODGE BALLS... whatever form they take, it is our own special modern day version of public stoning and tons of fun for the whole group.
3. DUCT TAPE... youth ministry or not, it had to make the list. Besides how else would we get that tiny little 6th grade girl to stick to the wall for 30 minutes as an object lesson?
2. DEODORANT...MS/JH Boys, enough said. (*note: not Axe...the inventor of that should be sprayed down and lit on fire!)
1. MILK SHAKES... how many MS/JH lives have been changed by the phrase "Hey, let's go grab a shake after and talk, I heard about...."