Loud & Clear #1: Say What?
Eph. 4:29, James 1:26
- Our Tongue (Speech) is POWERFUL: James 3:2-5
- Our Tongue (Speech) is DANGEROUS: James 3:5-8
- Our Tongue (Speech) is REVEALING: James 3:9-11 (Luke 6:45)
Challenge: Control the Flow:
- Spiritual, Mental, Entertainment, Media, Relationships, Activities/Actions\
Video Illustration: A Christmas Story- “Double Dog Dare-Tongue” scene
Video Illustration: Liar, Liar- “The Pen is Blue” scene
Teaching Clip: “Gossip” (Blue Fish TV)
Object Lesson: Clean Bottled Water poured into a dirty cup and back into the clean bottle. (“ out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks…” )
Lesson: Loud & Clear #2: Transmit
Key Verses: Eph. 4:29
- Transmit Loud & Clear w/ Our Body- I Cor. 6:19, Prov. 6:12-14
- Actions, Dress, Images/Photos
- Transmit Loud & Clear w/ Our Attitude- Eph. 4:23-25, Phil 2:3-7
- Emotions, Respect, Reactions
- Transmit Loud & Clear w/ Our Written Words-Prov. 17:27, Ecc. 12:10
- Texts, Posts, Tweets
Challenge: Transit a life that honors and praise God: Eph. 5:19-20
- Video Illustration: Pink Panther- “The Office Scene”-
Non-verbal communication, words say one thing, actions say something else
- Video Illustration: AT& T Commercial- “The Silent Treatment” (youtube)
- Video Illustration: Samsung Propel Commerical- Ozzy Osborne (youtube)
- Closing Song: “LifeSong” by Casting Crowns
Lesson: Loud and Clear #3- “Angry Words”
Key Verse: Matt 5:21-22
- Angry Words….Send a Message- Prov. 15:1-2
- Angry Words…Crush- Prov. 16:27-28
- Angry Words…Destroy- Prov. 12:6, 17-18
Wrap Up- “Think Before You ‘Say’ It”
- Video Illustration: “Toddler’s Fighting” (youtube)
- Video Illustration: “Words Hurt”- Anti-Bully Commercial (youtube)
- Video Illustration: “Think before you Speak-Cashiers (ThinkB4YouSpeak.com)
- Video Closing: “Think before you say it’- Jade (youtube)
*warning a couple swear words are in this video
Lesson: Loud & Clear #4: Can You Hear Me?
Questions: How is your communication with God?
- Personal Communication-Matt. 6:5-6
- Pure Communication- Ps. 24:3-4, Matt. 5:8
- Present Communication- James 4:7-8
- Powerful Communication- James 5:16
Challenge: Is your communication with others Loud & Clear? Is your communication with God Loud & Clear?
- Teaching Clip: “Can You Hear Me Now?” (Blue Fish TV)
- Video Illustration: Jack & Jill- Thanksgiving Dinner Scene
- Closing Song- “Cry Out to Jesus”- Third Day
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS (for upfront, small groups, or discussion groups)
- What is your favorite or preferred way to communicate?
- What are some ways you can communicate without saying a word?
- How important is it to you to be able to communicate and keep in touch with your friends?
- What do you think you are communicating to others about yourself and God?
- Complete “Sticks and Stone will break my bones, but ________ will never _____me”. Is that really true?
- Have you have been hurt by someone’s words? Have you ever hurt someone by something you said?
- What are some ways that our speech can have POWER?
- What are the DANGERS of saying the first thing that comes to your mind?
- When was a time you said something or let something “slip” and it was REVEALING?
- How can each of the 6-7 things we talked about (Spiritual, Mental, Entertainment, Media, Relationships, Activities/Actions) effect what flows out of our mouth
Additional Suggestion: I used these FREE motion backgrounds from VIDEO BLOCK for this series.
* These lesson were created and presented using Media Shout I have "packed" and saved the entire series including text, backgrounds, and illustrations. If you would like it on disc. I would be more than happy the send you one!