Wednesday Night Youth Group: Topical Series
"God In You" Year #1 (*see scope and sequence below)
1. JUMP: Faith series
2. UP & DOWN (growing & being young series)
3. CONNECT (Relationships-God, Others, You)
4. SOMETIMES I GET A FEELING (Emotions & Feelings)
5. JOY (more than happiness)
6. LOUD & CLEAR (communication)
7. KUNG FUSED (temptation)
"God in Life" Year #2 (*see scope and sequence below)
1. SIGNS (finding directions for life)
2. SMARTY PANTS (knowledge vs. wisdom)
3. MIND GAMES (making good choices)
4. DRAMA QUEENS & BLOW UP KINGS (fastfood look at JH drama)- Coming Soon!
5. J.B.F. JUST BE FRIENDS (JH/MS relationships/dating?) - Newly Added!
6. HOOKED (addictions)- Coming Soon!
Sunday Morning: Belief Series
"Basic of Beliefs Series" Year #1 (*see scope and sequence below)
- BUNNY TRAP (Easter/Lent)
- STORYLINE: (Theology: Bible
- OMG: (Theology: God )
- ORIGINAL SUPERMAN (Theology: Christ)-Newly Added
- HOLY STIR (Theology: Holy Spirit)-Newly Added
- RESTORED (Theology: The Church)
- IN THE SUMMER OF GOOD & EVIL (Theology: Sin, Angels, Demons, Satan)
1. WILD CHILD (*of God)- living differently at a child of God
2. FAMOUS- living for God or live for ourselves
3. ONE VOICE- being a voice for God in our generation
4. THE JOURNEY- the road and the journey of life
One Hit Wonders:
- NO MORE CHEESY CHRISTIANS- Newly Added!
- WWTXT:What Would Jesus Text?
- FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS
- CHILLAX (Breakfast Club Lesson)"
- I WAS HERE (* based on Beyonce's song & video)
Check back often, I will add a lesson series after I finish teach it. I will post each lesson with basic outline, along with suggested illustrations, video clips, and other resources.
I am currently teaching my third time through a 3 year middle school multi-year curriculum that I developed for my ministry setting. Below you will find the most current version of my scope and sequence. It is a "living and active" document that I have have recently rewritten and revised based on my current group of students.
I about a year ago I did an article on "multi-year curriculum development" for Youth Worker Magazine as part of their spring issue on "Teaching", based on this. I posted the an extended version of the article here Do I Really Need a Map? Let me know what you think and add your comments. I welcome any questions or reflections you have.
ADDITIONAL MIDDLE SCHOOL/JR. HIGH LESSON RESOURCES:
* Stuff You Can Use (*find updated versions of 4 of my above lesson here)
* Junior High Ministry.Org (*be looking for some new lessons written by me soon)
Grapple: Pre-Teen/Jr. High
Rock Your Face Off (Christ in Youth)
Simply Jr. High
Youth Specialties: Middle School
Zondervan: Middle School
Why Not Not? (DVD Curriculum)- Mark Matlock
Take Your Pick: Holidays (DVD Curriculum)
Real Conversations (DVD Curriculum)-Johnathan McKee
Creative Lessons on the Trinity- Hedges
Uncommon Jr. High Studies- Kara Powell
Jr. High/Middle School Talk Sheets- Lynn
Middle School Talk Sheets- Linhart
Wild Truths- Oestreicher
LESSON: "ANGRY WORDS" * Key Passage: Matt. 5:21-22 Introduction: (something like) "Just like the game of &quo...
- Are we bossing or leading our Volunteers? - Are we bossing or leading our Students? - Are we bossing or leading our Parents &am...
Almost a year or so ago I posted an idea for a "Photo Scavenger Hunt" posting pictures to Facebook. A year later and now we hav...
10. Spend more time at church and less time with family? 9. Give out your cellphone number to everyone, especially JH girls who...
Signs #1: Understanding the Road Life is a Journey: II Tim. 4:7-8 There are 2 Ways to Trave...
HEY, Guess What!!? We just passed a milestone a few weeks back... 50 TOP TEN LISTS. Don't feel bad if you missed it, I did too. I di...
10. "Man, Your Wife is Looking Smoking Hot Today" 9. "Can I Borrow Those Skinny Jeans?" 8. "I Just Booked a ...
10. So, what do you really do for a living? 9. What do you do all week? 8. It must be nice to sit in your office, pray and re...